Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – None. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was given.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Still looking for a Commission Member. Would like to post an ad for anyone interested in become a member of the PC. The Commission is working on updating Chapter 9. Hope to be done by Annual Meeting.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Budget, Levy, Levy Limit– The Town Board would like to increase the Road budget $26,000 to repave Baker Road. With the State freezing the levy, and other costs increasing (ambulance, fire, assessor, roads, etc.) the Town would have to hold a special meeting in order to raise the levy. The Town has had an excess of $170,000 at the end of the last few years. Could use some of this instead of raising the mill rate or the levy. The Board will discuss again next month when we have more figures in place in the budget.
2. Town Road Projects –Crack fill and gravel hauled to various Town roads still needs to be done. Brushing still needs to be done. Deep Lake needs the centerline striped. Look at putting in guardrails by the culvert at the next road tour.
3. Town Clean Up – Hayward Recycling took the money collected for the TV’s and monitors. They were supposed to bill us, not take the money. Will call and get a bill. $76 collected for tires. Still need to be hauled away. Next time will get a dumpster to put tires in.
4. Town Hall – None
5. Old Business –
· Land Division Ordinance – Attorney said he did not receive a copy. Mike Baker will send him another.
· County Mitigation Plan – Still need to look into
· Redistricting lines – Small change in District 12 (West of Fenander Rd.) – put in District 10 – Board agreed
· Rockford Road – addition onto house – will be getting permits for
· Rockford Road – neighbors arguing over deck – not a town issue
· Long Lake First Responders donation request
· Todd & Cook Rd. signs – County is ordering and will put up.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Received a thank you from both libraries’
BILLS: Jay Hands made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – October 12 Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
September 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
June 4, 2020 Town Board Meeting
May 19, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
March 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
February 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
January 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting