Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 9, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:55 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Roger Koerner, Tom Thurston, Dave Nelson, Barry O’Flannagan, Linnea Oleson, and Tim Brabec. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was given.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: Tim Brabec, County Supervisor, gave a report
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Linnea Oleson-tax on home rental property. Roger Koerner-911 signs – the new ones are two sided and will be closer to the road. Zoning handles all 911 signs.
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: None
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Adopt the 2012 Budget– Jay Hands made a motion to approve and adopt the 2012 budget as presented. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Snowplowing Driveways – Washburn County might not plow driveways in the future. The County has fewer operators and Madge will only have one grader in the Township. It might take longer to plow after a big storm.
3. Emergency Management – Jay Hands will be interacting with Carol Buck, Washburn County Emergency Manager, and continue with plan adopted in 2007. Hazard Mitigation Plan – The Town needs to pass a resolution that endorses the County’s Hazard Mitigation Plan.
4. Conceal Carry Law – Jay Hands made a motion to post signs that require no weapons allowed at Town Hall or any events sponsored by the Town. Seconded by Bill Lennox. After discussion about Town liability, the motion failed with 1 yes and 2 no. Jay Hands will look into the liability.
5. Town Road Projects –All projects are finished for 2011
6. Town Hall – The tires have been hauled – 142 15” and under, 21 16”-17”, 2 truck and 2 tractor.
7. Sign Assessment – Inventory of road signs is in the process of being completed. Will evaluate and make a plan when done.
8. Old Business – None
· Plat Book– County will send out for the Board to go over
· Treasures Bond – Zachary will get information for the next meeting
· Road Rating – Complete by December 15
· Snowmobile Trail – Rolling Hills Snowmobile Club has relocated the trail off Harmon Road for safety reasons. Hope to be completed by next year.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Jay Hands – Conceal Carry
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – December 14 Meeting adjourned This is a copy of the minutes.
September 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
June 4, 2020 Town Board Meeting
May 19, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
March 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
February 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
January 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting