Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 13, 2009 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk, & Treasurer were present. Others present: Doug & Terry Smith, Tim Jung, Scott Plaster, Dale Minder, Bob Hall, Tim Brabec, Kelly Swenseth (Verison), Representatives from Cemstone & Monarch. The minutes from the last board meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read. CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
Plan Commission report read. Jay Hands commented about the list of citizen’s present and about the Town Dump location. Tim Brabec commented about the FCC legal right.
#1 – Pulverizing Soholt Road – Washburn County $6040; Monarch $8998 Bill Lennox made a motion to grant Washburn County the bid for project #1 in the amount of $6040. Jay Hands seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
#2 – Hot mix blacktop for Soholt Road – Washburn County $51.25 per ton; Monarch $52.19 per ton. Jay Hands made a motion to award project #2 to Washburn County for $51.25 per ton. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
#3 – Crack Seal – Washburn County $1.75 LB.; Fahrner $1.50 LB. Bill Lennox made a motion to accept Fahrner bid of $1.50 LB for project #3. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
#4 Gravel – Washburn County $9.75 cy.; Antczak $12.15 yd.; Mancl $13.86 cy.; Cemstone $11.49 cy. Jay Hands made a motion to accept Washburn County bid of $9.75 cy. for project #4. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
VARIANCE REQUEST: Dale & Elizabeth Minder - Devils Lake Road - setback reduction of 57 feet. Proposing to move the cabin 10 feet closer to the road. With overhang and porch it will be 75 feet from the lake but only 57 feet from the centerline of road. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the variance request as presented. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
ACCESS PERMIT: Dale & Elizabeth Minder-Devils Lake Road. The Board has looked at the property. A culvert will be needed. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the access permit. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
VARIANCE REQUEST: Don, Jeff & Kevin Vanderhyde/Kelly Swenseth - rear yard setback reduction of 60 feet. Reason: to construct a telecommunication tower. In order to meet the setback requirement for County M, it pushes into rear yard. Letter from tower manufacture-tower will collapse onto itself. Letter from Braeckman-not opposed to tower location. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the variance request based on the Plan Commission report and information presented. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATION: Don, Jeff & Kevin Vanderhyde/Kelly Swenseth – to have a wireless telecommunication tower. Kelly Swenseth has received the FAA report and they are requiring 2 lights on the tower. Board would like them to be LED lights (less annoying) and would like to require light shields. There will be no guide wires and will have 4 carriers. Any more that 4 would have to get structural approval and there is only room for 4 ground equipment. Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the conditional use application with the condition that 1) LED lights be used 2) Light shields must be used & 3) no guide wires. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Hanks Landing Dock: The Board was given direction at the annual meeting to pursue a dock at this landing. DNR has a 50/50 grant available. Mike Baker had some estimates. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the 5’ x 24’ aluminum dock with wheels ($2145), 8-foot ramp ($759) and 4 bumpers ($298), a total of $3202, upon the approval of the DNR 50/50 grant. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no. Discussion of funding for the project. The Town has received as of date, $9015.35 in timber sales. Only budgeted $2500. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the funding for the dock, ramp, and asphalt out of the 2009 excess timber sales collected. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Mowing & brushing town roads: Will put bid in paper to be opened at the June meeting.
3. Dog Complaints: Mike Baker and Jay Hands have received complaints. Zach Tranmer will check into dog licenses. County is sending us some warning tickets that can be issued.
4. Washburn County Vote on Comprehensive Plan: Tim Brabec, representative, voted with referendum outcome. Feels it will be decided in the courts. Board – could cost the Town a lot of money to fight in court.
5. Old Business:
A) Vacating Todd Park Rd.: waiting to hear from parties involved
B) Buoys for Devils Lake – are ordered.
C) Outhouse – everything complete except the shelf and handrail. Had to special order one that meet ADA requirement.
OPERATORS LICENSE: Amanda Marske for 2008/09 Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the application. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
TOWN HALL: New locks on front door and privy. Next meeting will discuss paving sidewalk to privy. Mowing & Cleanup – Jay Hands made a motion to hire Matt Jung based on past performance and bid, $35 mowing, $10 hr. clean up. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no. Heat Supplier – Lakes Gas is again charging $83.35 for service fees for the year. Board is in agreement that we should not pay this and they can pick up their tank, give Town a credit, and we will pursue another company.
Fall recycle: Labor Day weekend. Put together for next meeting.
1) Centurytel burying a new line on Lakeview Road
2) Tree’s on corner of Deep lake Road
3) NWRP – assistance with PASER – for a fee
4) WC highway department – form to fill out for contractors picking up material
5) NW Ambulance – rate increase of $6 per person
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Tim Brabeck – money might still be available for clean up
BILLS: Jay Hands made a motion to pay all bills. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be June 2
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
August 7, 2019 Special Town Board Meeting
July 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting