Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 11, 2016 Town Board Meeting
Town Board Meeting
Madge Town Hall
The Town Board Meeting was called to order by Chairman, Mike Baker, at 7:00 pm. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Travis Olson, Mike Linton, Charlie Haugen, Ken & Marion Haggelson, Representative from Scott Construction and Fahrner.
The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved.
Treasurers report was given by Zachary Tranmer.
County Representative – None
Citizen Comments – None
Plan Commission Report – Gave Town Board a copy of all the updates. Plan Commission would like to have a joint meeting later in June to go over all the updates.
Discussion with Possible Action:
1. Open Bids for Road Projects -
Project #1 – Crack Seal Fenander Road – 3 ½ mile is Madge, 1 ½ miles in joint with Beaver Brook. 3 ½ mile bids – County-$19,445.02; Fahrner-$17,840.16; Scotts-$14,900.00. 1 ½ miles joint – County-$8325.18; Fahrner-$10,037.16; Scott-$13,459.00. Kevon Cronk made a motion to accept Scott's bid for the 3 ½ miles and Fahrner for the 1 ½ mile. Derrick Olson Seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #2 – Baker Road – County-$11,435.49; Scott-$3618.00; Fahrner-3739.32. Kevon Cronk made a motion to accept Scott's bid. Seconded by Derrick Olson. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #3 – Mowing – Yellow River-$5450.00; County-$4051.78. Discussion – County mowed in 2015 and roads were missed, started in July and finished in September, total bill was more than the bid. Motion by Derrick Olson to accept Yellow River's bid. Seconded by Kevon Cronk. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #4 – Brushing – County-$11,178.10; Yellow River-$80 per hour. Board does not accept either bid. Need a total bid from Yellow River. Mike Baker will contact and give the opportunity to rebid.
2. High Water Complaint on Fenander Road – Moved to #2 – Mike Linton and Ken & Marion Haggelson – Flume was put on the wetlands to help with water storage for the marsh. The water has been up to 18” over the driveways and the new owners of the marsh would not pull a board. Prior owners would pull boards if flooding neighbors occured. Town Chairman, Mike Baker, had to contact the new owner and ask that a board be removed so water would lower. The marsh helped pay for Mike Linton to raise his driveway, but they ended up raising the flume so his driveway and lawn is still flooding. He has also lost a couple acres of managed forest land due to the flooding. Derrick Olson contacted DNR and it is illegal to back water up onto another land. Mike Baker will contact the owners of the marsh and try to get it lowered at least 8-12”
3. Town Roads – Discussion – Patrolling, sign replacement. Letter for property owners with trees, brush and decorative rocks in right-of-way was gone over. Clerk will mail to property owner.
4. Leesome Lake Public Landing – Discussion on location, width of path, ATV access. Waiting for the Shacka family to make decisions.
5. Town Dump Property – Mike Baker was approached about cutting the timber. This would be something that would be bid out, if ever decided to do.
6. Town Hall – Discussion
7. Old Business – None
a) Building Permit
Citizen Comments – None
Bills – Kevon Cronk made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Derrick Olson. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – June 8, 2016
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm
This is a copy of the minutes
June 9, 2021 Town Board Meeting
June 3, 2021 Special Town Board Meeting
May 18, 2021 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2021 Town Board Meeting
April 20, 2021 Town Board Meeting
March 10, 2021 Town Board Meeting
February 10, 2021 Town Board Meeting
January 13, 2021 Town Board Meeting
December 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
November 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting