Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 11, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present ? Matt Jung at 7:35pm. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer?s report was read.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: none
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Scott Plaster and Tim Jung finished mapping the culverts. Need to type up. Ron Rosencran was wondering about having someone else be the chair and vice-chair. He has done it for two years.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Operators License ? Lesa Osborn ? Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the operators license. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no. Did not need a license for Andrew Erlichman.
2. Road Tour and 2011 Road Projects ?
? Deep Lake ? The Board met with Gary Olson to discuss the culvert, widening the road and placing some rocks by the culvert. Will have the whole road grinded and there are some slopes that need to be pushed up. Jay Hands made a motion to use Washburn County Highway Department for the Deep Lake Road project. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no. The Board would like to meet once more, at Deep Lake Road, possibly with a representative from Washburn County Highway Department, to finalize the plans for the road.
? Gravel ? Will need about 1300-1400 cubic yards of gravel hauled to various roads in the town. Bill Lennox made a motion to have Washburn County Highway Department haul and place the gravel for 2011. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
? Blacktop Patching ? Todd South, Lakeview and Hennrickson Roads. Will have Washburn County do these.
? Crack Fill ? Will have warren, Wildwood, all of Todd Roads done next year. This year will have Baker West of County M, Devils and Jesse Roads done. Bid this out.
? Mowing ? 34 miles of Town roads. Double cut, triple cut corners, all signs mowed. Bid out.
? Brushing ? Deep Lake. The Board will look at roads to see if more should be done. Will get back to the clerk. Bid out.
3. Land Development Ordinance ? wait for legal council
4. Memo of Understanding ? Jay Hands made a motion to accept the contract as written with Washburn County as the Towns Supplier for elections. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
5. Town Hall ? Matt Jung presented his prices for lawn care and mowing. They are $12 hour for lawn clean up and $37 per time for mowing. Jay Hands made a motion to hire matt Jung for lawn care at the Town Hall. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
- Other TH business ? screens need to be fixed. Will be getting a load of gravel at the Town Hall for residents to use.
6. Old Business ? access permit with no fee attached- Mike Baker will contact the owners.
1) Bill Applegate ? Gort Road ? access permit and set back for garage
2) Steve Menz ? Winselman Road ? set back from road for a garage
3) Recycling glass ? Madge residents can use the Long Lake recycle center. It is for residents only, not business owners. NWRP is trying to get a drop off at the dump that businesses can use.
4) Need to set a date for the town clean up
5) Pokorney?s trees causing a blind spot on Deep Lake Road
6) Dock at Hanks Landing is in
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Bill Lennox ? gave an update about the LLPA
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, June 8 at 7:30pm
Deep Lake Meeting will be on Monday, May 16 at 9:00am
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.
This is a copy of the minutes.
September 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
June 4, 2020 Town Board Meeting
May 19, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
March 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
February 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
January 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting