Home Page: Meeting Minutes
March 9, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Harley Wickware, Roger Koerner, Alex Tranmer, Dave Sovacool (assessor). The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Plan Commission is in process of working on a Land Division Ordinance, going over “Step II”, the new list of objectives, and finishing with the first list of objectives. Culverts – if the Board does not want to mark a map with the culverts, Scott and Tim have volunteered to do it.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Harley and Kathy Wickware-property tax bill – Dave Sovacool, assessor, received the permit for the trailer that was put on the property, investigated, then failed to put in computer. Harley Wickware did eventually call Dave and it was put on the tax roll. Dave feels it was his fault (assessor error) and Harley should not be penalized. The Town can do an omitted tax, but can only go back two years. The improvements were not on the tax roll for three years. Zack Tranmer will contact Janet Ullum, county treasurer, and find out the towns options. Not action taken. Postpone until a special meeting or the next Town Board Meeting.
2. North Memorial Ambulance – Raising fees to $3.71 per capita. Would like to raise an addition $1.50 per capita. Town Board would like to bring up at the Annual Meeting for input from electors.
3. Town Hall – All six vent holes need to be repaired. The shelves in the back room are getting over crowded. Need another shelf and possibly a bookshelf for inside the hall to put information on. Clerk needs a flash drive to store emails. Roger Koerner asked about ceiling fans to help circulate the heat in winter and cool in the summer.
4. Annual Meeting – April 13, 2011 at 6:00 pm. Some items for discussion: road report (5 year plan), Plan Commission report, ambulance charges, financial report, and donations.
5. OLD BUSINESS – Church Heat Bill – Nothing yet…..
1) Driveway Access – First Street – Driveway access permit was sent.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Roger Koerner – Plan Commission - Web Lake, MN. is conducting a study to see if development has effect on lake level. Will continue to follow.
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, April 13 – following Annual Meeting
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
September 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
June 4, 2020 Town Board Meeting
May 19, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
March 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
February 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
January 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting