Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 8, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Board & Clerk were present, Treasurer was absent. Citizens present – Roger Koerner. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Minutes from the Special Meeting on Deep Lake Road were read and approved. When the County is putting gravel down, Chairman Mike Baker will have them ask the property owner at N4739 if he wants gravel on his approach. Property owner said he would fix his approach himself since he didn’t want to put in a culvert.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: none
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: None
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Operators License 2010/2011 – Samantha Bauer and Maggie Johnson – Maggie has the wrong certificate for the alcohol awareness course. Will get the right one. Jay Hands made a motion to approve the operators license for Samantha Bauer as presented and approve for Maggie Johnson upon completion of the right course and presenting the clerk with the certificate. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Approval of Licenses –
· Liquor License – Kattyshack’s application was missing. Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the licenses as presented and also Kattyshacks provided that the information is the same as last year and the clerk present the application at the next Town Board Meeting. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· Cigarette License – Received 3 (Vanderhyde, Rockford House and Duffy) Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the 3 as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· Operators License – 21 applications – Bill Lennox made a motion to approve all 21 as presented. Seconded by Jay hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
3. Access Permit – Need to retype to add: $25 fee, place for phone number, an address to return application to and instructions on the back of form. The board will take home a copy of the instructions and will go over at the next board meeting.
4. Fireworks Permit – Need to add “individual” to the list of who can get a firework permit. Should have a space for signature of applicant and Chairman.
5. Access Permit – Jane Lee – Access onto Rockford Road. Will have proper drainage and culvert put in.
6. Bids –
· #1 Crackfill Jesse, Baker and Devils – Washburn County $4740; Fahrner - $5747.50. Jay Hands made a motion to accept Fahrners bid as presented. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Fahrner has done other roads for the Town and has done a good job. Washburn County overcharged last year. The extra that Fahrner will do on Baker road will make for a good road that can be chipsealed in the future. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· #2 Mowing – Yellow River Construction $3950; Dan Ullom $200 per mile/$6800; Washburn County $4250. Jay Hands made a motion to accept Yellow River’s bid as presented. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· #3 Brushing – Dan Ullom $70 per mile per hour; Norton Excavating $8800; Washburn County $1100. Bill Lennox made a motion to accept Washburn County’s bid as presented. Seconded by Jay hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
7. Land Division Ordinance – Put on agenda for next month
8. July WTA Meeting – will get cookies, cheese & salami, crackers and juice and coffee.
9. Town Hall – Jay Hands and Mike Baker will get the screens fixed. Mike Baker has been asked about using the chairs and tables that are at the Town Hall. Will put on agenda for next months meeting. Town Recycling Day – September 3 from 10-2.
10. 2012 Ambulance Service Contract – Chairman signed
11. Old Business – Census information – Mike Baker has sent in but continues to get notices.
12. CORESPONDANCE: Travis Olson has not received his check from last February for the skunk removal. Has since removed more skunks. Mike Baker will get a bill from him and submit at the next meeting.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: None
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, July 13 at 7:00pm
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 pm.
This is a copy of the minutes.
September 9, 2020 Town Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
June 4, 2020 Town Board Meeting
May 19, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting
March 11, 2020 Town Board Meeting
February 12, 2020 Town Board Meeting
January 8, 2020 Town Board Meeting