Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 21, 2012 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Wayne Sebatki. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was given.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Land Division Ordinance
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Town Road Encroachment–
§ Letter was hand delivered to the Genricks. They will be moving the fence. Asked about maintaining a light on the curve sign and keeping it brushed. Rick is volunteering to do this.
§ Dumpster on Rockford Road –on the blacktop. Needs to be moved. Mike Baker will contact.
§ Trees on Rockford Road need to be trimmed.
§ Deep Lake Road – Dave Zaraza has some large rocks placed on the right of way. Will contact highway department to get a copy of the letter they send out for encroachment issues. Unanimous consent that the clerk will type a letter and send it certified mail.
§ Deep Lake Road – ditch by the cranberry marsh – drainage problem that has now become a safety hazard. Board will meet with owner/manager.
2. Town Road Projects –
§ Mowing bids – Yellow River is the only bid received - $4200. Jay Hands made a motion to accept the bid from Yellow River. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
§ Washburn County Highway B Project – Mike Baker met with WCHD and asked for taper on Jesse road to control the rocks and new culvert and pave part of intersection on Langland road.
§ Other town road projects – Will wait to do any other projects so we don’t go over budget
3. Ordinance Text Amendment – Short-term rentals – Wayne Sebatki spoke against the amendments. Text is too broad. Each case should be looked at individually. Zoning needs to maintain as clear as possible the line between residential and commercial. Jay Hands made a motion to deny both text amendments. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
4. Act on Licenses –
§ Liquor Licenses – 5 applications – Mike Baker made a motion to approve all 5. Seconded by Jay Hands. Passed 3 yes and 0 no.
§ Cigarette Licenses – 3 applications – Jay Hands made a motion to accept all 3. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
§ Operator Licenses – 24 applying, 18 applications – Bill Lennox made a motion to approve all 24 applications, giving Town Clerk authority to accept remaining 6 applications with proof of class taken. Seconded by Jay Hands. Passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
5. Emergency Government – Discussion
6. Town Hall – Hall needs a new roof. Will bring it up at the budget meeting
7. Land Division Ordinance – Town Board and Plan Commission will have a joint meeting in July to discuss Land Division Ordinance
8. Fire District Fire Hall – Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the agreement to enter into a bank loan for monies borrowed to replace fire hall. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no. Bill Lennox made a motion to give the Chairperson the ability to sigh any form/contract in regards to loan agreement for new fire hall. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
9. Old Business – None
· Lakeview road - house remodel
· Text amendment
· Tree on Harmon road
· Plexiglass in box at Vanderhydes is gone
· Election workers doing a great job
· Zachary will send out letters about County not plowing driveways
CITIZENS COMMENTS: None
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – July 17 Meeting adjourned 9:12pm
This is a copy of the minutes.
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
November 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
October 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting