Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 14, 2017 Town Board Meeting
Town Board Meeting
Madge Town Hall
The Town Board Meeting was called to order by Chairman, Mike Baker, at 7:00 pm. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Travis Olson, representative from Scott Construction and Fahrner.
The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved with change to (d) crack seal not chip seal.
Treasurers report was given by Zachary Tranmer.
County Representative – None
Citizen Comments – None
Plan Commission Report – Public hearing done, will have the update for the Board to approve at the next Town Board Meeting
Discussion with Possible Action:
1. Open and Act on Road Project Bids–
Project #1 – Crack Seal 3 miles – Fahrner - $15,669.64, Scott - $11,273.00, Washburn County - $15,600. Derrick Olson made a motion to accept Scott's bid. Seconded by Kevon Cronk. Motion passed 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #2 – Chip Seal Todd Rd North to Cook Rd – Fahrner – (Fractured) $28,877.26 (Pea) $31,846.77, Scott – (Fractured) $20,931.00 (Pea) $21,741.00, Washburn County – (Pea) $28,512. Kevon Cronk made a motion to accept Scott's bid for Fractured Rock. Seconded by Derrick Olson. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #3 – Mowing Town Roads – Washburn County - $5270. Derrick Olson made a motion to accept Washburn County bid. Seconded by Kevon Cronk. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Project #4 – Tractor Brushing – Washburn County - $9240.00. Kevon Cronk made a motion to accept Washburn County bid. Seconded by Derrick Olson. Motion passed 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Town Roads & Access Permits – Jesse Miller paid $25 – Access done, trees need to be removed. Jeff Hendryx – Access complete
3. Devils Lake Driveway – Wood's – Turn around at the end of Devils Lake Road in front of the Wood's driveway is breaking up. They are having their driveway resurfaced and would like to include getting the turn around fixed, at the towns expense, since it is the town road. They do have an estimate. Town Board would like to meet on site and then make a decision. Meet on Monday June 19, 2017 at 8:00pm.
4. Request to Support Opening Portion of Cty Hwy B to ATV – Request to open Cty Hwy B from Rolling Thunder Campground to Fenander Road. Discussion on the safety issues. No motion – No support.
5. Town Clean Up - Discussion – Bring up at Annual Meeting about donating to the Am Vets. They collect all the white goods and help with a lot more at the clean up.
6. Liquor, Cigarette, Operator Licenses – 5 Liquor License and 3 Cigarette License Applications - Kevon Cronk made a motion to approve all as presented. Seconded by Derrick Olson. Motion passed 3 yes and 0 no. 22 Operator License Application – 1 needs to complete class and 1 needs to complete application. Derrick Olson made a motion to approve all 22 with holding the two until all classes and forms are complete. Seconded by Kevon Cronk. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Town Board Meeting June 14, 2017 Page #2
7. DNR Permit for Boat Landing Repairs – Discussion on Rockford Road Landing application and charges. Clerk will go ahead and file and pay the $300 fee.
8. Town Hall – Windows – Get an updated estimate
9. Old Business – Road signs are ordered; Need reflectors replaced on Deep Lake Road, Mike Baker will talk to the owner of the marsh
a) Attn General – law enforcement issues – write a letter about ATV/UTV use on Town/County roads being the same County wide.
b) Variance Request - Kurtz
Citizen Comments – None
Bills – Derrick Olson made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Kevon Cronk. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – July 12, 2017
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm
This is a copy of the minutes
June 13, 2018 Town Board Meeting
May 9, 2018 Town Board Meeting
May 5, 2018 Road Tour Meeting
April 17, 2018 Town Board Meeting
March 13, 2018 Town Board Meeting
February 21, 2018 Town Board Meeting
January 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting
December 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting
November 14, 2017 Town Board Meeting
October 11, 2017 Town Board Meeting