Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2013 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board (Mike Baker & Bill Lennox), Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Scott Plaster, Linnea Olesen, Roger Koerner, Wayne Sabatka (WCRPA) Josh Baker (Bid), Scott Construction Rep. (Bid) Fahrner Rep. (Bid).
The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved.
Zachary Tranmer gave a treasurers report.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
· Linnea Olesen – Regulation on junk furniture outside hunting cabin.
· Scott Plaster – Thanks for use of town hall
· Wayne Sabatka – WCRPA – short term rentals
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Scott Plaster gave an update. Scott will be moving by the end of this year and will then be going off the plan commission. Will need to find a new member.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Road Project Bids –
· #1 Crack Fill – Received 2 bids – Washburn County & Fahrner. Mike Baker made a motion to accept the bid from Fahrner, option #1, for $3480 for 1.4 miles. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
· #2 Chip Seal – Received 3 bids – Fahrner, Washburn County, Scott Construction. Bill Lennox made a motion to accept Fahrners bid of $23861.00. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
· #3 Mowing all Town Roads – Received no bids. Mike Baker will contact some individuals and try to get some bids.
2. Town Hall Roof Bid – According to the ad in newspaper, bids had to be received by June 11 to be opened at the June 12 board meeting. Received 1 bid on June 12, 2013. The Board decided to go ahead and look at the bid and vote on it but will consult WTA attorney before any work is started on roof. Bill Lennox made a motion to accept the bid from Josh Baker for a steel roof for $7450 with the addition of snow guard stops for an approximate addition of $70. This bid is for the underlayment and steel. Does not include replacements of rotten boards. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
3. Liquor License – Bill Lennox made a motion to accept the renewal licenses as presented. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no. Bill Lennox made a motion to accept the cigarette license as presented. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
4. Operators Licenses –Bill Lennox made a motion to accept the operator’s licenses as presented. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
5. Use of Tow Hall – Mike Baker was contacted by an individual who was looking for someplace to hold fundraisers for charitable organizations. Directed her to the Sarona town hall which has been used for this type of event in the past.
6. Land Division Ordinance – Went over changes. Public hearing will be July 10, 2013 at 6:30pm
7. Town Road Projects – Discussion
8. Town Hall – Steel doors need to be painted. Zachary Tranmer will paint them. The hall will need to be painted next year.
9. Town Clean Up – August 31, 2013 from 10 - 2
10. Old Business – None
· Devils Lake Road – Resident wants to boar under the road for a new well
· Rockford Road – Holding tank on right of way.
· Dog at large from Devils Lake Road
· Request for Devils Lake Road to be swept
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Scott Plaster – Bringing tires that he has been picking up out of the ditches to the clean up. Board agreed there would be no charge for those tires.
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 2 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – July 10, 2013
Meeting adjourned 9:00 pm
This is a copy of the minutes.
September 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
August 8, 2018 Town Board Meeting
June 13, 2018 Town Board Meeting
May 9, 2018 Town Board Meeting
May 5, 2018 Road Tour Meeting
April 17, 2018 Town Board Meeting
March 13, 2018 Town Board Meeting
February 21, 2018 Town Board Meeting
January 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting
December 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting