Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 10, 2010 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Others present: Brad Ray (LLPA). The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read.
PLAN COMMISSION: Next meeting is on Thursday June 24 at 7:00pm. A representative from the DNR will be present to discuss high capacity wells.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Brad Ray – LLPA update on the boat landing at the Long Lake Town Hall. Looking into an invasive species grant to address any problems that might happen in Long Lake. The Narrows from Rockford Road landing to Black Hawk landing has the invasive species “curly leaf pond weed”. Looking to get emergency funding to fight this species. Would like support from the Madge Town Board in the form of a letter or resolution for both the grant and the emergency funding.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. OPEN BIDS:
· Mowing – Jay Hands made a motion to accept Yellow River Constructions bid of $2887.50. Chairman to negotiate triple cut for signs. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· Brushing – Jay Hands made a motion to accept Washburn County’s bid of $2800 for brushing. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
· Crack fill – Bill Lennox made a motion to accept Washburn County’s bid of $3600 for Fenander and Deep Lake roads. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Driveway Permit: Kathy Wickware presented a driveway permit for the Board to look at. Chairman, Mike Baker, ok’ed permit. Kathy Wickware will contact the Board when driveway is finished and the Board will have the opportunity to look at it and then approve at a later meeting.
3. LIQUOR LICENSE: Bill Lennox made a motion to approve liquor license applications for Butternut Hills, Duffy’s, Vanderhydes, Rockford House, and Katty Shack. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
4. CIGARETTE LICENSE: Jay Hands made a motion to approve cigarette license applications for Vanderhydes, Rockford House, and Duffy’s. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
5. OPERATORS LICESE: Bill Lennox made a motion to approve all operators licenses as presented with the provision that the two that are not signed get signed before receiving their license. Seconded by Jay hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
6. MEETING DATES: There is some conflict with the seconded Wednesday as Town Board Meeting nights. Would like to change to a different day. The Town Board meetings will now be held on the seconded Monday of the month. The next meeting will be Monday, July 12, 2010 at 7:00 pm at the Madge Town Hall.
7. ROAD PROJECTS: There is a conflict with the chip seal on Fenander Road and the overlay on Deep Lake Road. The overlay would get ruined when the chip seal is done. Will have to switch and do Todd and Lakeview Roads for this years blacktop project. Deep Lake and Hendricks will be looked at for 2011.
8. OLD BUSINESS: Chairman made phone calls to remind the church about the heat bills.
1) Two calls thanking the Board for the pothole patching on Deep lake Road.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: None
BILLS: Jay Hands made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
August 7, 2019 Special Town Board Meeting
July 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting