Home Page: Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2013 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Kevin and Nancy Glynn, Derrick Olson, Tim Jung, Dori Washburn
The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved with change of #5 add “by the cranberry marsh” after culverts. Zachary Tranmer gave a treasurers report.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: None
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Building Inspections – Inspect remodeling / garages. Chairman contacted neighboring towns to see what they are doing. Long Lake is considering remodels and garages. Would be anything with plumbing or electric. Birchwood does remodeling and garages that have electric or plumbing. Stone Lake and Crystal are not doing remodeling or garages. Jay Hands made a motion that the Town of Madge include additions, remodeling and garages that have plumbing and/or electric as follows state UDC code. Mike Baker seconded. Motion passed with 2 yes (Mike and Jay) and 1 no (Bill).
2. Building Inspectors (Atlas Inspections Agency) Contract and Rate Increase - Chairman contacted neighboring towns to see what they are doing with the rate increase. Stone Lake and Birchwood voted yes, Crystal voted no. Inspector wants 100% compliance in order to do a rate increase. No action taken. Bill Lennox made a motion to renew the contract with Atlas Inspections Agency for two years. Seconded by Mike Baker. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
3. Short Term Rentals – Chairman contacted neighboring towns to see what, if anything, they were doing with short-term rentals. Long Lake, Stone Lake, and Crystal are not doing anything. Just provide information if asked. Birchwood is not doing anything as a town. Sends out informational letter with the taxes that refers anyone with questions to the Department of Health.
4. 2013 Mileage Rate – Will be same as federal rate which is 56.5
5. Town Hall – None
6. Old Business – None
· Vernon McFarlane – County is logging East of Harmon Lake Road. Claims they are destroying the road. Mike Baker will look at the road.
· Winselman and Morningside Roads – Joint work with Town of Long Lake. Mike Baker will set up a time during our road tour to meet with their board.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: None
BILLS: Jay Hands made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – February 13, 2013
Meeting adjourned 8:40 pm
This is a copy of the minutes.
August 7, 2019 Special Town Board Meeting
July 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting