Home Page: Meeting Minutes
December 12, 2012 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Jerry Nielson, Tim Brabec (County Rep), Jon Mattson (Building Insp.).
The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved with change of #3 should be “install reflectors instead of guardrail” and #2 add “no discussion”. Zachary Tranmer gave a treasurers report.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: By Tim Brabec.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: None
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. 2013 Town Caucus Date – Will be on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 7:00 pm. Town Board Meeting to follow.
2. Building Inspector – Jon Mattson –Town Chairman received a letter from ISO (Insurance Service Office) about building code effectiveness grading schedule. ISO is an audit company. Insurance companies can then use the grade to base their rates to customers. This is not something that is mandatory for the Town to do. Jon contacted ISO and was told that ISO would not audit Madge because we do not inspect additions. No action was taken. Jon Mattson presented the Board with a new contract for 2013, which includes a new rate. In order for him to start charging this new rate he has to have 100% compliance from all the towns he inspects. Also asked that the Board consider inspecting additions. Will put both on the agenda for next meeting.
3. Assessor Error – James Walker – An assessor error not an omitted tax. Zachary Tranmer is filling out the forms and will send to the state. The amount that needs to be refunded is $1206.34.
4. Town Hall – Shoveling – Mike Baker will ask Owen Sprenger if he is interested in shoveling.
5. Old Business –
§ Reflectors on Deep Lake Road by the culverts
§ Rockford Road boat launch has been fixed
· Emergency Government – something to be picked up in Shell Lake
· Economic Development – Donation Request
· Dept of Health – Cigarette license list
· GAB – election needs
· Driveways not being plowed – positive feedback
· Short Term Rentals – letter from Romaine Quinn
· LDO – Variance Form – Mike Baker contacted Mr. Kohler. He will put a variance together and mail it. Then if questions or problems we can meet with him.
CITIZENS COMMENTS: None
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – January 9, 2013 Immediately following the Town Caucus.
Meeting adjourned 8:30 pm
This is a copy of the minutes.
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
November 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
October 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting