Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2009 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk, & Treasurer were present. Others present: Dave Sovacool (Assessor), Roger Koerner, Bill Olson, & Larry Siever. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Roger Koerner – Dock at Hanks Landing is nice.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVE: None
ASSESSOR CONTRACT: Dave Sovacool explained the difference in the three contracts the Town Board had to pick from. Contract #3 can be renegotiated for the year 2012 if no reevaluation is needed. Jay Hands made a motion to accept contract #3 which includes flexibility in market reval. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
OPERATORS LICENSE: Monte Becker – Bill Lennox made a motion to accept the operator’s license as presented. Jay Hands seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Hanks Landing Dock- The DNR will reimburse the Town once the bill is paid. The property stake is missing and neighbor may be encroaching on the Town property. Will look at during the next road tour. The County’s material for blacktopping is not up to quality so the Board would like to wait to put in a sidewalk both for Hanks Landing and Town Hall or look elsewhere for the material.
2. WI Towns Association Meeting – Will continue to conduct the Madge Town Board Meetings according to Roberts Rules, not the way it was presented at WTA meeting.
3. Town Hall Repair – Sidewalk on hold – door needs to be painted
4. Road Projects – Mowing and brushing has been started – Soholt road has been pulverized, next will be gravel. Hoping to pave in mid September.
5. Old Business:
A) ATV Signs – Mike Baker started to put up – need more 25 mph signs
1) Bringing animals to the humane society instead of having them picked up
2) Call about mowing roads
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Larry Siever – would like to donate land to the Town to extend Cipra Road. He will contact us and then it can be put on a future agenda.
BILLS: Jay Hands made a motion to pay all bills. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be September 9
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
August 7, 2019 Special Town Board Meeting
July 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
June 12, 2019 Town Board Meeting
May 8, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting