Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2011 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board, Clerk & Treasurer were present. Citizens present – Roger Koerner, Bill and Jane Lee. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was given.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES REPORT: None
CITIZEN COMMENTS: None
PLAN COMMISSION REPORT: Did not meet this month. The Commission and Town Board are still looking for another Commission member.
VARIANCE REQUEST - Road set back - Bill and Jane Lee – Rockford and Gort road. They want to build a garage (24x24) between Rockford and Gort roads. The garage would be 75ft. from centerline of Rockford road and 25ft. from centerline of Gort road. The garage will line up with neighbors garage and others on both roads. Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the variance request. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
WASHBURN COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - None
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. Redistricting Lines/Resolution #2011-08-01– The Town Board met with Washburn County’s Executive Committee and new districting lines were drawn. The Town of Madge will have three wards instead of the proposed four. The Supervisor Districts will be #7, 10 and 12. Jay Hands made a motion to approve Resolution #2011-08-01 to create three wards in the Town of Madge. Ward #1 will be district #10, ward #2, district #7, and ward #3, district #12. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. Town Road Projects – Deep Lake project is almost done. Crack fill and gravel hauled to various Town roads still needs to be done.
3. Access Permit – Jay Hands made a motion to accept the changes made to the Town’s access permit. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
4. Town Clean Up – Hayward Recycling will pick up white goods, electronics, TV’s, monitors, microwaves, batteries and scrape iron. The only cost will be for TV’s and monitors. The Town will have to haul tires, mattresses and upholstered furniture. Cost will be $5 for mattress and furniture, $10 for TV’s and monitors. Tire cost will be car-$1, truck-$2, and tractor-$5. No charge for other items.
5. Emergency Government Report– Jay hands reported – Madge would not gain anything from the Emergency Mitigation Assistance. Was wondering if the Town adopted the County mitigation plan. Will have to look into.
6. Land Division Ordinance – No action taken
7. Town Hall – None
8. Old Business –
· The Trees on Deep Lake road on Pokorney’s property have been trimmed.
· Washburn County Economic Development
· Bob Jauch – storm disaster
· Donation Requests – Spooner and Shell Lake Libraries, Humane Society
· Fireworks permit for Cargil
· Building Inspector – three permits completed
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Roger Koerner – he has talked to Travis Olson about joining the plan commission.
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting – will call to set a date
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.
This is a copy of the minutes.
April 10, 2019 Town Board Meeting
April 7, 2019 Road Tour Minutes
March 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
February 13, 2019 Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019 Town Board Meeting
December 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
November 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
October 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting
September 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting
August 8, 2018 Town Board Meeting