Home Page: Agendas
May 10, 2010 Town Board Meeting
TOWN BOARD MEETING
MADGE TOWN HALL
Chairman, Mike Baker, called the meeting to order at 6:50 p.m., immediately following the annual meeting. Board, Clerk, & Treasurer were present. Others present: Doug Smith, Linda Lennox, Bill Olson, Tony Weber, Derrick Olson & Tim Brabec. The minutes from the last Board Meeting were read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read.
COUNTY REPRESENTATIVE: Town surveys are 30-40% done. Beaver Brook will go in with Madge for ½ of the chip seal for Fenander Road. Long Lake recycle center – Anyone can use, not just Long Lake residents. County pays for attendant and pick up. Wondering if Madge residents use it. It is a duplicate service since you can get roadside pick up. Tim Brabec will find out if Town of Madge residents can for sure use it.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Bill Olson – Building inspector is waiting on the state approval before beginning inspection on sons house.
DISCUSSION WITH POSSIBLE ACTION:
1. OPERATORS LICENSE: 4 applications – only 3 have their applications turned in. Lance Dupree, who holds an operators license in the Town of Long Lake, will get his to the clerk. Bill Lennox made a motion to approve the three licenses, and Lance Dupree when he submits his application to the clerk. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
2. ADOPT ORDINANCE #2010-04-01: Rescinding ordinance #2010-02. The Town Board has to make some changes to the UDC ordinance to be in compliance with the state. It is easier to rescind the ordinance and adopt a new one that try to amend all the changes. Jay Hands made a motion to adopt ordinance #2010-04-01. Bill Lennox seconded. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
3. ADOPT ORDINANCE #2010-04-02: Adoption of Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code. Bill Lennox made a motion to adopt ordinance #2010-04-02. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
4. SIGN CONTRACT: Jay Hands made a motion to accept the contract from Atlas Inspections with the Fee Worksheet attached. Will be for one year. Seconded by Bill Lennox. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
5. TOWN HALL: Had a skunk problem. One moved in under the town hall. Need to get screens put over the holes. Will have Matt Jung continue mowing the town hall.
6. ROAD TOUR DATE: April 17, 2010 at 8:00 am with a meeting immediately after.
7. OLD BUSINESS: Still looking into the heat and the sub-division ordinance.
1) Mike Baker received question about yard waste and if the town had a place for people to dump theirs.
2) Timber sales
CITIZENS COMMENTS: Tim Brabec-Does the town have a thought on zoning for adult entertainment? What is happening in Spooner could happen in the municipalities someday. Bill Lennox-Surveying being done by the County. The Town could have them define the Town dump property. Tim Brabec said the Town could request this. Tony Weber-Wants to put gravel on road for the logging truck to have a better access. If leaving in permanently, will need an access permit and possible a culvert. The Town Board will look at it during the road tour.
BILLS: Bill Lennox made a motion to pay all bills as presented. Seconded by Jay Hands. Motion passed with 3 yes and 0 no.
Next meeting will be Monday, May 10, 2010
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm. This is a copy of the minutes.
March 13, 2018 Town Board Meeting
February 21, 2018 Town Board Meeting
January 10, 2018 Town Board Meeting
December 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting
November 14, 2017 Budget Meeting
November 14, 2017 Town Board Meeting
October 11, 2017 Town Board Meeting
September 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting
August 9, 2017 Town Board Meeting
July 12, 2017 Town Board Meeting